Treasures

Treasures

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fun facts about Marcus at 2 yrs 8 months

Marcus calls Geronimo "Selmo" and Smitty "Smi" as he cannot pronounce their names properly just yet. He says "Selmo is my doggie and Smi is mommy's doggie."

His top favorite things are still running and cooking as well as playing with his "Cars" cars, his Buzz Lightyears and Woody, and his dinosaurs.

He has become quite the great swimmer. He just jumps in and goes for it! He can basically do laps with some assistance.

He is an amazing talker. He is saying new phrases on a daily basis and is telling us he loves us unprompted. What a tear jerker? :) I definitely have to watch what I say in front of him because even when I think he is not listening, he is hearing me and repeating phrases I have said...what a little sponge. I cannot even begin to list all the things he says because the list would be too long. He has full on conversations with people (even though they may not understand every word he is saying) and tells us stories on a daily basis. Every time I talk on the phone, he wants to talk to that person too. It's pretty hilarious even though it can be frustrating to get through a phone call sometimes.

Our favorite nicknames for him are as follows:
Mommy calls him "Handsome pants", "Sugar plum", and "Markie"
Daddy calls him "Pumpkin Pie"
Nona calls him "Sasu"

He is almost completely potty trained. We are still working out some accidents but we are very pleased with his progress.

Stay tuned for more...

No comments: